The Mountsorrel And Rothley Community Heritage Centre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Any personal information you provide will only be used by us and will not be passed to third parties without your expressed consent.
Although we make every effort to ensure that the website is virus and exploit free by utilising firewall and malware checking software, We cannot guarantee the safety of your data stored on the website.
The Mountsorrel And Rothley Community Heritage Centre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you sign up for any of our newsletters then we need to record some of your personal information:-
- E-mail address Required: We obviously need your e-mail address so that we can send you your newsletter
- First Name Optional: Only used to customise your e-mails.
- Last Name Optional: Not used.
- Lists Required: Which newsletters you are subscribed to.
- Status Unsubscribed, unconfirmed or subscribed.
We use a two stage sign-up confirmation when subscribing to newsletters. This ensures that the e-mail address provided is genuine and that it is you that has confirmed your subscription.
In addition, the website records the following information:-
- Newsletters Sent Which newsletters have been sent to you.
- Delivery status Was the newsletter delivered successfully.
- Newsletter Status Unread, Opened or clicked. Have you read the newsletter or followed one of the links?
Information you provide will ONLY be used by us for the purposes of sending you regular newsletters.
We will regularly delete unsubscribed and invalid e-mail entries from the database.
When you contact us via one of the forms on the website the following personal information is recorded.
- E-mail address Required: We obviously need your e-mail address so that we can respond.
- Name Required: Used so that we know who to respond to – you could enter anything into this field.
- Comments Optional.
In general comments on the website are cleared monthly, so that we keep at least one full month of comments. As an example, comments submitted in January will be deleted early in March.
When you express an interest in volunteering with us we will create an account for you on the website. This is so you can administer the various volunteering sessions that you have signed up for.
- E-mail address Required: We obviously need your e-mail address so that we (and the website) can inform you about volunteering sessions. Your e-mail address may also be used to log in to your account on the website.
- First Name and Last Name Required: Used so identify which tasks you have agreed to cover. The various sign-up sheets and calendars will use you first name and the initial of your last name to identify you. Only other volunteers signed into the website will be able to see this information.
- Password Required: Your password is stored on the website in a HASHED format. No one can see your original password.
- User Name Required: This is allocated to you when your account is created. It is unique to you, it cannot be changed, and may be used as an alternative to your e-mail address to log you into the website.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The list below describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
First Party Cookies
These are cookies that are set by this website directly.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
WordPress: Our website runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Facebook. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By providing us with your personal data you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
For more information on what cookies are being set, the following articles are recommended: