Volunteering here at the Heritage Centre, as part of our fabulous team, gives you the opportunity to get involved in many of our great projects.
- Our Eco Team take care of the gardening on site, and have fun planting and maintaining our nature trails.
- The Restoration Team tackle our railway vehicle restoration projects, maintain the site fences, paths and buildings, look after the Mountsorrel Railway, and our other infrastructure projects.
- The Shunting Team provide public demonstrations of how trucks would have been shunted around railway yards in days gone by.
- Our Garden Railway is a great hit with our younger visitors. Our volunteers are on hand to help them enjoy driving the trains around our miniature track at weekends and school holidays.
- Our Visitor Guides are available around the site to explain our history and ecology, and answer visitors questions. They also help with guided tours for groups.
The Heritage Centre has something for everyone to get involved in!
Regardless of how much time you can spare, whether it be frequently or just every now and again, we are always very grateful of whatever time you can give. No prior experience is necessary as training and support will be given. Physical fitness is not required for most of the things we do. Volunteers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
If one or more of the areas above interests you, please get in touch via email: email@example.com