- Events Coordinator
- We are currently looking for an Events Coordinator to organise our attendance at local fetes and galas. Are you the volunteer to help with this or do you know someone who could take on this role? Please feel free to share our post with your friends.
- Heritage Centre – Project Assistant
- We need people to help us source material for the build phase of the Heritage Centre. Immediate start required.
- Heritage Centre – Site Supervisors
- Do you have build experience? We need volunteers who can call in on-site, answer contractor questions and generally keep the build on track by paying close attention to the details for us.
- Stone Masons
- We will be building simple stone mason huts this spring and will be needing some expert help.
- Guards ‡
- The train guard is responsible for ensuring that passengers are on/off the train, doors are closed and signalling the driver that the train is clear to depart. He or she also keeps record of train arrival/departure times.
- Travelling Ticket Inspectors ‡
- This is a crucial role for branch line trains as the TTI will sell/check tickets at the stations and on the train.
- Heritage Centre – Station Staff ‡
- The new heritage centre station will require one or two station volunteers present when trains are operating. Roles include ensuring passengers are on/off the trains safely and that the foot crossing next to the platform is locked when trains are passing through. The time table has trains passing through the station on average once every half hour.
- Administration / Basic accounting / Business rules knowledge
- We are still looking for volunteers to assist in these areas if possible. We envisage each of these areas requiring perhaps 2-3 hours of time each week and would be done from home at a time convenient to the volunteer. Our hope is that you would be able to work as part of a small team.
No particular qualifications are required but volunteers would need to be able to show evidence of their experience in the particular skill area they would like to assist us with.
‡ No previous experience is necessary for the train positions as full training will be given. All the roles are crucial to passenger trains being able to operate along the line after the July opening. Trains will operate at weekends only, so Saturday or Sunday availability is crucial. It is envisaged that each volunteer would help on one or two days each month, although they could help more often if they wished, so time requirements are minimal.
If you would like to know more please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org