The welfare of our visitors and our staff is our absolute priority, as is our commitment to health and safety.
We hope we have found the right balance in the controls we have implemented, allowing you to feel safe, whilst at the same time letting you enjoy a relaxing visit.
Please help keep yourself and others safe by observing the various restrictions around the site.
- Sanitising stations are located throughout Granite’s and we ask that you use them when entering and leaving.
- Please use the sanitiser provided when using the “Learning Hub”
- Regular cleaning of shared surfaces is conducted throughout the day.
- Chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised after use.
- All our team have been trained on the new health and hygiene procedures relating to COVID-19 and their responsibility to visitors and colleagues. Reasonable steps have been taken to follow all the government guidelines.
- Staff continue to wash their hands regularly for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Any staff showing any signs of infection will be asked to immediately leave the premises.
- Social distancing will be implemented in all working environments.
- Our staff will follow current guidelines regarding masks and face coverings.
- In some areas we have used partitions to separate staff from customers.
- Your contact details: On arrival at Granite’s we ask the lead member of your group to provide their name and a contact telephone number. This is a government requirement and assists in their track and trace procedures.
- Payment: We prefer payment by contactless card, both in Granite’s and at The Shack.
- Social Distancing: Markings have been implemented to help you judge your distance.
- Patio area: The tables on the patio have been spaced to maintain a “social distance”. Each table now has a giant parasol to protect you from the vagaries of the British weather.
- The Shack: Is open for take-away drinks and ice creams. The tables by the shack are “social distanced” with parasols.
- Garden Railway: Is open for business. The controllers are sanitised between each use. Only one child with responsible adult will be allowed into the operating area at a time. Payment (contact-less) at the Shack.
- Crazy Golf: Clubs and balls will be sterilised after each use. A maximum of three family/groups are allowed on the course at any one time. Payment (contact-less) at the Shack.
- Nature Trails: Please observe the one-way system that has been introduced for your safety.
- Play area: Is limited to 6 children at a time with a 15 minute usage limit at busy times when other children are waiting.
- Railway Museum: A maximum of 10 people at a time will be allowed into the museums. We ask you not to touch the exhibits.
- Learning Hub: Will be operational. We ask you to use the sanitiser provided before and after use.
Need more information? Then you can view our Covid-19 Risk Assessment Here