Thank you to Olivia Caruso, who took time out during her visit from Melbourne Australia to produce our excellent poster.
We have been busy reorganising the area around the high viewing area. Some of the tables have been transferred down to Granite’s patio area to make way for a small crazy golf course, which is currently being designed by several of our volunteers.
This is where you can help!
We have a “wish list” of items that we need for the construction of the various obstacles. If you have any of the following that you no longer need then please drop them off at the Railway Museum building in the base of the quarry on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday morning when our volunteers are around. Any queries then get in touch via email@example.com.
- External grade plywood sheet.
- Plank wood (e.g. decking).
- External paint or varnish.
- Wood Glue.
- Small hinges and brackets.
- Wood screws (any size)
- Steel, wood or plastic rod (for axles).
- 1″ to ½” metal tube.
- Clear plastic tubing 2″ to 3″ diameter.
- Wood dowelling and any other profiles.
- Waterproof material (e.g. an old raincoat).
- Empty tins and lids any size or shape (e.g. biscuit tins).
- 8″ x 6″ Union flags.
- Clock face dials.
- Leather pieces (e.g. an old belt)
- Shed roofing felt.
Why not visit us in the summer and see if you can spot what your items have been used for.